I was able to use the Le-mon M-16 iPod speakers for a day.
Why just a day?
I had it returned immediately the next day in exchange for a Sansui SGID 1071 XBS. Features wise, the Le-mon M-16 is great!
It has a…
1. remote control
2. clock/alarm clock
3. FM tuner
4. USB slot
5. Aux in
7. Mega Bass
8. TV out (for iPod capable of Video Playback)
I have tried using the TV out and it was great! You will only need one (1) cable to connect to your TV, sounds will come out from the speakers.
The USB slot accepts any USB flash drive that contains MP3 files
The remote control was acceptable.
It however was not bad in doing its main task… Playing music!
Specially when playing songs with a lot of drums/bass. This is actually the reason why I had it returned the next day. Some songs were ok but for my preference in music, it really cannot perform the task I need it to do… which is play music.
If I was going to rate this thing from 1-5 (3 is acceptable, 5 is highest) I will have to be subjective on the features it has.
1. video playback – 4 I used a 7 inch screen just to test it, using a bigger screen might give a different rating
2. ease of use – 5
3. adapter available for different iPods – 5 (it has adapters for everything even the old iPods
4. remote control – 3 as usual in remote controls, the buttons will take time to get used to
5. FM sound – 5
6. iPod playback – 1 (that’s why I had it returned)
I was having second thoughts before actually buying this product, the brand name itself, Le-mon didn’t look good but I still gave it a try.
Before I asked the store to give me a Sansui (as a replacement), I asked them to let me try another unit just incase I have encountered a lemon, as I tried it, it had the same bad sound so I don’t think the unit I bought was a lemon, the brand or this model (M-16) is a Le-mon!
I cannot recommend the brand and its definitely on my NOT TO BUY list! It can do a lot of cool stuff but it failed on the thing that really mattered the most!